Interior Inspiration

Hi!

So I recently moved into a lovely apartment in the city and as i've been buying bits and bobs here and there to really make it my own (as far as renting allows me!), i've been dreaming about what i'd turn the place into if it was mine or my future home!

Once you get ideas in your head its so easy to get carried away lusting over things on Pinterest for…well, hours. What better way to create boards of the things you like all in one place? After pinning to my hearts content, I decided to collate some of my ideas together and share them here.

First things first, the walls, floors and general feel of the home. Now i'm not a huge fan of colour, I like things simple, to an extent minimal. White walls is a must for me and I have a huge weakness for bare brick wall as well. Wooden floors help to create this modern environment, turned homely by soft shaggy rugs, neutral colours and green plants.

The next element that I'm loving is copper tones. Mainly through accessories or small appliances!
Against the walls and surfaces it creates almost an industrial look and when combined with greens or fabrics on soft furnishings it gives a nice highlight and makes any neutral space come alive and achieve warm tones. I've gone with this theme for my apartment and I'm definitely enjoying it!

When it comes to bits like plates and glassware, pieces with glass, rustic looks, or a matte black finish really pull everything together for me. The best part is you can get away with mixing and matching certain plates with glasses and other bits!

I also get a little carried away with my accessories every now and then! My favourite things to have around the house as well as artwork, are Buddhas, elephants, and candles! An absolute must to make it homely. The final thing to make a house homely is flowers! (real or fake, who will notice?) In the summer months I always have sunflowers in my home, mainly because they're my favourite flower but also because they brighten up any space with a splash of colour and natural vibes.

When it comes to the bedroom it has to be a tidy relaxing space, yet it has to house many clothes/shoes/make up! (girls we all know that feeling). So making the best use of the space is really important. Its amazing what ideas you find when browsing the internet, so modern and so simple! But super sassy. Clean, tidy with a place for everything makes it ideal and allows you to relax when you just want some time to yourself!

Finally, the bathroom is another space that falls under the category of relaxing, clean and tidy! The difference between a messy bathroom and a clean, tidy bathroom is an amazing feeling in itself! Again storage can be awkward so I find little baskets can help tidy away some of my products or extra towels. You can pick these up for a steal in places like ikea!

To bring my ideas to light I gathered some images from my Pinterest board to share with you. I'd love to hear what your ideal homes would entail!


Kitchen:







Living:








Bedroom:





Bathroom:




Workspace:






All images sourced from Pinterest


If you'd like to take a look at my Pinterest board click here

Until next time, Antonia x











0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Feed

.

Pinterest